Day Trip to Tempe on Light Rail

I know we aren't the first ones to do this, but on Saturday we decided to drive to Mesa, park, and hop on the new Light Rail Train. We thought the kids would like to ride the train and it is always fun to do something different. I was excited to try it out as well. We got off in Tempe on Mill Avenue and spent some time walking on Mill, exploring some of the little shops down there. The kids had fun watching some street performers juggle and do some other random tricks. We also saw a group of grown women carrying around these really ornate dolls that they dressed up and were posing and taking pictures of them. We stopped for a couple slices of pizza for Lilly, Ally and Bri and then stopped over at Fat Burger and Maddy and I got some food. It was fun to sit out on the patio there and enjoy the beautiful weather, spend time with each other and be entertained by all the people passing by! It was like we were in a different place - well we were, but you know living out here in Gold Canyon we don't visit the "City" that often. It was funny though, because on our way back to catch the Light Rail home, we passed our good friends, Mike and Jen Larsen and their family who had done the same thing we had. They were on their way to have dinner with Jen's family and had taken the Light Rail. I guess great minds think alike! I would definitely consider doing that again someday. The kids have already asked when we'll be able to take another ride on the train!





2 comments:

Lucia said...

That is so crazy that you saw jen and her family, especially since you guys are good friends. what are the odds? Anyway, sounds fun. maybe we'll see you on wed?

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

We need to go check out that light rail- sounds like fun!! CUTE PICTURES!! And I Loved the post below too about the school plays. Oh I wished I could watch Maddy break out some moves!!! And for the record, she really IS the best daughter someone could ask for- that's in my UNbiased opinion :) I love that girl!!

I'm ready for a lunch at barro's for sure and I want to have Ally for the day too. I'll give you a call after the weekend and see what we can work out.