Proud to Be An American


I woke up so excited to get up and go and vote today - to let my voice be heard! I love this great country that we live in! It isn't perfect, but I love that we have the choice to get out and let our vote count! The kids, even little 2 year old Ally have been immersed in all the election hooplah going on around them! Last night we did a fun little family activity! We each got one little sticky note and anonymously wrote down our choice for President then we put them in a box with a lid and put it up high! We are going to open the box tonight and find out who our family voted for! The kids were really excited to get to "vote" in our own little election! Brian is helping out at a polling place tonight, representing our friend Bryan Martyn who is running for Pinal County Supervisor! I'm planning on taking the girls by to see him and just to hang out for a while! For dinner, we're having All-American food - hot dogs, and burgers. I even dressed the kids in red, white, and blue today! I guess all that makes me sound a bit over-the-top, but my real goal here is just to instill in my children a sense of pride for their country! I'm anxious for the end of this historic day to hear all the results! I hope and pray that the right leaders are chosen!

On a side note, I told Ally this morning that she was going to get to go vote with me today! She thought that all sounded like fun and was acting rather excited about it! As I pulled into the parking lot at the polling place, I said "ok, Ally, lets go and vote". I think she thought I had been talking about going on a boat, because she said, "mommy, I don't have my floaties"! I thought that was pretty cute! Once we got inside and got situated, she wanted to sit right up on my lap as I voted and then kept trying to grab the pen so she could vote too! She was really into it! When we left she got 2 of her own "I Voted" Stickers! I hope she keeps her enthusiasm about voting until she is old enough to vote for real!

1 comments:

Lucia said...

I love that your getting the kids involved you are so good at making everything fun. And you can stalk my blog whenever you want. Cause I always stalk yours. I do already have an idea for Halloween next year, but it could change. Thanks for the info on julie, I actually finally mailed her package today. I'll see you at the park!